River Thames Walk
Explore the City's changing river front
Learn the use of the river Thames and the London which has grown around it.
Hear how the Thames is as important for London even now.
Join Susan, your City of London guide, for a 90 minute London guided walk along the Thames river. Hear the origins of the nursery rhyme ‘London Bridge is falling down’, visit the location of medieval public toilets.
Marvel at the engineering of London's first bridge for 100 years. Learn about Queen Matilda and King Alfred and the importance of Queenhithe.
- An enjoyable walk along the river Thames
- Hear about the famous Dick Whittington
- Meet other adventurous souls
- Susan Baker, a qualified City of London guide
- Start: Blackfriars Station (North Entrance)
- End: Tower of London
- Duration: 90 mins
- Step-free access: yes (if lift working)
- Suitable for all age groups.
Registered Office: 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ