London as a Financial Centre Walk
Explore today’s markets and their historical roots
Find out about the City of London on this walk through Europe’s financial capital.
Go down narrow alleys where the deals done in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries propelled London to pre-eminence.
See how the markets established then - equities, bonds, commodities and insurance - are traded now, and why they are so vital to the UK's economy.
Get to know some of the people who made and lost their fortunes, and helped make London the centre it is today.
- Discover the financial world in the City of London
- Explore narrow alleyways & world-class architecture
- Learn how money was made and lost
- Qualified City of London guide
- Start: St Mary Axe in the square opposite St Andrew Undershaft and in front of the Aviva building
- End: Bank Station
- Duration: 90 mins | Step-free access: yes
- Suitable for all age groups.
Registered Office: 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ