Episode 22: The Havering Hoard
Hazel Baker: Hello and welcome to our London History Podcast, where we share our love of London, its people, places and history in 20-minute espresso shot episodes, served with a dash of personality. I am Hazel Baker, London Tour Guide and CEO of London Guided Walks, providing private tours, treasure hunts, and live London quizzes to Londoners and visitors alike.
To accompany this podcast we also have hundreds of London history blog posts for you to enjoy, absolutely free. And we've also launched The Daily London, providing you with daily inspiration of things to do in London for Londoners. You can listen on iTunes, Spotify, or even add it to your Alexa flash briefings, or you can check it all out on our website londonguidedwalks.co.uk/flash.
Today we will answer the following questions:
- What was the Havering Hoard?
- What was the largest Bronze Age hoard found in the London area?
- How many items were in the Havering Hoard?
- When was the Bronze Age?
- What kind of objects does the Havering Hoard contain?
- Why were the objects of the Havering Hoard buried in the way they were?
- How was the Havering Hoard discovered?
- What did the Thames look like in the Bronze Age?
Some links contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we receive a small commission. This helps support our free podcast. Thank you for the support!
Copyright London Guided Walks and Treasure Hunts