Episode 8:The Monument to the Great Fire of London
Support us on Patreon from as little as £5.
Gain access to exclusive content including behind the scenes videos, full transcripts, shout outs and mini videotours!
What we discussed:
- What is the tallest isolated stone column in the world?
- What is the Monument made of?
- How much of London was destroyed in the Great Fire?
- What does the name Pudding Lane come from?
- Who sculpted the panels around the base of the Monument?
- What was the Monument to be used for apart from commemorating the Great Fire?
- Who designed the Monument?
- What is on top of the Monument?
- Why is there a large cage on the top of the Monument?
- Who flew from the top of the Monument to a pub in Gracechurch Street?
- Why was the Monument built to a specific height?
Some links contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we receive a small commission. This helps support our free podcast. Thank you for the support!
Copyright London Guided Walks and Treasure Hunts